http://www.rofministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2roflogo.jpg 0 0 Jodi http://www.rofministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2roflogo.jpg Jodi2018-02-05 17:02:182018-02-05 17:06:20The Church of EPHESUS - Book of Revelation
Church of Ephesus
- 1 – Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus [Means “Permitted”, a city of Asia Minor] write; These things saith he [Chief power, Master, Ruler] that holdeth the seven stars [standing firm in the midst of others, star] in his right hand [a place of honor and authority], who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks [garments of angels, and of those exalted to the splendour of the heavenly state, brilliant, shining white].
- Take notice who is speaking here, by the authority of our Master Ruler. An Angel
- This Angel is in the “midst” of this Church – with, before and behind
- 2- I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
- This Church is working hard, with patience for the Kingdom
- They do not tolerate evil
- They do test the Spirits and are successful in knowing the sheep from the goats
- 3 – And hast borne [carry another when they are weak, share another’s burdens], and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
- They have great patience in their service to the Father, working diligently and not grown tired
- They have compassion for one another, lifting and encouraging each other to the point of carrying their brother or sister when they are weak.
- 4 – Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left [send away, disregard, neglect] thy first [honored chief, first in time or place] love [one of the bridegroom’s friends, one you know intimately, to be contented with, to love dearly].
- Some in this Church were so wrapped up in doing, they forgot just Who they were called to be – Bride
- They neglected to keep an intimate relationship with Jesus, their beloved and neglected to stay intimate with Him
- Eventually they no longer burned with desire and their passion was lost so they fell away, compromising their salvation
- 5 – Remember [be mindful, think on the memories] therefore from whence thou art fallen [to perish or to lose a thing], and repent [ask for forgiveness and not do again], and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick [Angel, light] out of his place, except thou repent.
- He is calling us to think about what condition we were in before we were saved and or delivered
- For us to reflect on how intimate, humble and grateful we were when we first walked with Jesus
- We must turn from the temptation of doing for the Kingdom out of flesh – no matter the situation, prior to intimately seeking Jesus – these will often argue for the sake of being right or seek fame and attention from others – we should never seek glory or acknowledgment from man, only God our Father
- Should we not? QUICKLY He will come and remove the Angel who is in our midst
- 6 – But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans [those who became a stumbling block worshipping idols, did not walk in liberty], which I also hate.
- These believers did not go along with idol worship
- An idol can be a person, anyone you may seek approval from – taking the place of God in one’s life
- They were walking in liberty
- 7 – He that hath an ear [listen to the message prompted by the Holy Spirit], let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh [walk in victory with Jesus, hold fast to their faith even unto death] will I give to eat [consume, take in one’s self] of the tree [wooden cross] of life [to live, breathe, be among the living with Jesus, devoted to God], which is in the midst of the paradise [a pleasure ground, Heaven] of God.
- These are those promised life real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world. Those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection will be consummated by new accessions [among them a more perfect body], and to last forever.
- Remaining in a state of constant pleasure in Heaven with the Father throughout eternity.